This post contains affiliate links; to learn more, see my disclosure policy
We might not know the gender of the baby yet- at least not for another week or two- but that hasn’t stopped me from dreaming of nursery decor.
As I begin to prepare for baby number three’s nursery, I really want to be intentional about creating a mellow space. I don’t want a room that screams “baby!”- the crib and diapers will take care of that- and I want to purchase and create pieces that can be used as the baby grows, or in other rooms in our house.
Baby Boy Nursery Inspiration
For a boy room, I love the idea of loosely following an adventure theme with a travel/global direction rather than a wilderness/camping vein. I’m not talking matching mobile and bumpers and wall art, but more of a sprinkling of perfect pieces.
- Adventure Awaits Sign | Signs from the Pines // I might have a mild obsession with globes and maps, which makes this pallet wood sign a perfect addition to a baby boy nursery
- Map Alphabet & Numbers | Cheeky Albi // No character prints in this room. These map pictures can easily be used down the road in the kids’ playroom
- Adventure is Out There Print | Wall Art Printables // This piece will grow with baby and be right at home in a kid’s room
- Upholstered Glider | Wayfair // I’ve known since baby number one that I wanted a chair like this in the nursery. I’ve yet to get one, but with two toddlers and a perpetually-noisy house, I’m making it a priority this time
- 4 Cubby Wall Shelf | Wayfair // I can’t take credit for this idea; I saw it in the beautiful nursery at Sloan and Co. and knew I wanted to incorporate something similar in mine
- Moutains Crib Sheet | Finley Baby // I fell in love with the unique colors in this crib sheet, as well as with the understated pattern
- Arrows Crib Sheet | Feather Their Nest // I’ve loved arrows for a while, but I feel like they’re becoming a little overdone. I don’t want to make the dominant theme in the nursery, but I would like to incorporate them in a small way
Baby Girl Nursery Inspiration
I’ve given a lot of thought to using to a few specific colors in a girl nursery, but in the end I decided I prefer dainty floral patterns. The walls in what will be the baby’s room are already gray, making them the perfect backdrop for whatever fun prints we decide to use.
- Mama & Baby Giraffe | Be Wild & Free // How precious is this floral watercolor print? The Etsy shop was similar ones with elephants, but these giraffes are my favorite
- Tassel Banner | Hobby Lobby // I know the colors of these tassels might not match perfectly with the other colors I’m likely to include in the room, but I can’t stop picturing it draped over the crib or hanging from a bookshelf
- Upholstered Glider | Target // This is the other glider I’m considering. I know I want gray, so now it’s about looking at price and reviews
- Run Wild My Child Sign | Handy Gerl // I loved this sign from the minute I saw it. I’d love to include several pops of gold in the nursery
- Floral Crib Sheet | Fox Hill Baby // This is the perfect crib sheet. I love that it’s pretty and dainty, but it doesn’t have stereotypical pastel colors
- Floral Pouf | Target // Initially, I just wanted a cute pouf to go with the glider. Then I found this beauty. I think it’s perfect, with it’s subtle floral theme and unexpected color