Did you know you can make Easy Instant Pot Seasoned Chicken? It’s great for eating as-is, but it’s also wonderful for using in recipes or freezing for later!
It took me a long time — like, nearly a year — to really find a groove with my Instant Pot. I just didn’t take the time to figure it out. Even during that time, though, I was still using it regularly to make chicken.
We eat a lot of shredded chicken. While we rarely have it as a main dish, I use it often as a condiment of sorts, an ingredient in our meal, like these Baked Green Chile Chicken Taquitos. You’ll almost always find a container of seasoned shredded chicken in our fridge for use in recipes or just for whipping up a chicken and cheese quesadilla.
You might also like: Honey Balsamic Chicken Marinade
In the last year, all of that chicken has been prepared in the Instant Pot. Here’s the beauty of Easy Instant Pot Seasoned Chicken: it’s easy (I know, I said that already), it’s flavorful, it’s fast, and it’s totally customizable. I love that I don’t have to tend the chicken like I would if it was cooking on the stovetop, and it’s ready much faster than if I baked it. The pressure-cooking of the Instant Pot seals in the flavor, and I swap out spices to develop any profile I’d like.
Easy Instant Pot Seasoned Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Drizzle half the olive oil in the pan of the Instant Pot. Place the chicken inside in a single layer and drizzle the remaining oil over the top.
- Sprinkle half of each seasoning over the chicken, turn the chicken over, and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning. Add the water to the pot and put the lid on, making sure the went is set to “sealing.”
- Set the Instant Pot to “poultry” for 13 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to do it’s thing and release naturally. When that’s done, carefully remove the lid and cut the chicken to check that it’s done.
- Serve the chicken warm, or dice it, or use a mixer to shred it. The cooked chicken can be used in recipes, stored in the fridge for up to three days, or frozen for later use.
- The possible seasonings you can use on this Easy Instant Pot Seasoned Chicken are endless. I love to use cumin, chili powder, and garlic salt.
- A few of my favorite dinner recipes for using diced/shredded chicken: Baked Green Chile Chicken Taquitos, Oven-Fried Chimichangas, Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Roasted Poblanos, Chicken Tortilla Soup, and Thai Chicken Quinoa Salad with Soy Lime Dressing.
Other Instant Pot Recipes
Pin this Easy Instant Pot Seasoned Chicken recipe for later!