He’s hard to shop for, and all the options out there can be overwhelming. Take the guess work out of gift-giving with this guide to gifts for the Star Wars lover.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that, when you make a purchase using these links, I make, at no extra cost to you, a small commission. See my disclosure policy for more information.
My husband has been a Star Wars fan for as long as I’ve known him. It’s pretty fun to watch his excitement over the new movies and, as a gift-giver, it’s awesome to see a resurgence in Star Wars-related merchandise. It’s a little overwhelming, though, too. You can buy everything Star Wars: from Easter eggs to toothpaste to chewing gum.
Sorry, you won’t find links to any of those products here. What you will find is a mix of useful and nostalgic gifts for the Star Wars lover in your life.
Gifts for the Star Wars Lover
- Lightsaber Tongs, $30 | Is it not every Star Wars-loving dad’s dream to wield a lightsaber? Now he can, at the same time he’s manning the grill. Don’t stop there, though: outfit him with a Darth Vader apron, too.
- Millenium Falcon Graphic Tee, $13 | A distressed graphic tee with a subtle Star Wars reference is the perfect go-to gift for anyone who even remotely loves the franchise. Bonus: this red, white, and blue shirt means he’ll be ready for July Fourth, too. If this tee isn’t his style, Target has a whopping 31 other options to choose from.
- Darth Vader Tervis Tumbler, $18 | J owns no fewer than two Star Wars Tervis tumblers. We have three if you count G’s mini Storm Trooper that matches his Papa’s. Those things get used all the time, by everyone in the house. Your super fan should definitely own one, too. If Darth isn’t his thing, there are tons of other options.
- Trivial Pursuit DVD Star Wars, $75 | You can get Star Wars versions of pretty much all your favorite board games: Sorry, Operation, Monopoly. But if you really love your Star Wars fan, you’ll give him the chance to show off his extensive knowledge with a trivia game.
- Star Wars Glasses, $20 | Sure, it’s fun to see Star Wars mania perpetuated for another generation, but we all know the original movies will always be the best. These glasses are a fun throwback nod to the nostalgia of the movies we grew up watching.
- The Force Awakens, $17 | Duh, right? Any self-respecting fan already owns the first six movies, but maybe he hasn’t made time to buy the latest yet. If that’s the case, this gift should definitely happen.
- Star Wars Blueprint Tie, $24 | I’ve never worn a tie, so I can’t say for certain, but I’m thinking nothing makes wearing one bearable quite like knowing it features images from your all-time favorite movie franchise.
- The Force Awakens Boxers, $9 | For the first several years we were dating and married, I’d always give J a pair of boxers for holidays and special occasions. Somewhere along the line we both forgot about the tradition, but I’d say these boxers would be the perfect way to resurrect it.
- Star Wars Mural, $114 | Buying him Star Wars memorabilia that you then allow him to affix to your walls is pretty much the ultimate act of love. The good news is that it’s removable, but still, sorry J, you won’t be unwrapping this as a gift any time soon.
- Wood Wall Clock, $24 | This clock would be the perfect way for your fan to bring a little of his personality into his office or temporary work space. It’s cordless, which is convenient, and it has good reviews from people who’ve purchased it.