With a truly unique crust and a topping that includes crispy bacon and creamy ranch dressing, this Low Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza is sure to satisfy.
For about the first 10 years of our relationship, J only ate pepperoni pizza. I can’t blame him for loving it; it’s a classic for a reason. But with so many possible options, I knew he was missing out.
I don’t remember the circumstances that led to him first trying chicken bacon ranch pizza, but to say it changed his life would not be overstating things. A whole new world of pizza options was opened to him, and he now has a new go-to order.
All that is great until you start to eat low carb. While there are several different crust alternatives out there, several of which we’ve tried, none were as big a hit with J as this Low Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza.
The secret to this beauty is that the chicken is in the crust. Yup. The base of this pizza is a mixture of ground chicken and shredded cheese. It’s a flavorful alternative to the other dough replacements out there, some of which I find a little too rich. The ranch dressing on top is perfectly creamy, while the pepper jack cheese and crumbled bacon add just the right amount of heat and salt.
Low Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing plus more for dipping
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 poblano pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, egg, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the chicken mixture on top. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use your hands to press the mixture into a crust about a quarter inch thick. Don’t worry about making a round crust; it’ll be tasty in any shape!
- Remove the top piece of parchment and bake the crust for 22-26 minutes, or until the top is beginning to turn golden. While the crust is baking, dice the bacon, cook it in a skillet, and then drain it on a paper towel. Remove the seeds from the poblano pepper and dice it.
- When the crust has baked, remove it from the oven, flip it over, and peel off the parchment paper. Spread all but two tablespoons of the ranch over the crust. Sprinkle pepper jack cheese over that, followed by the diced bacon and the diced poblano. Drizzle the remaining ranch over the top.
- Put the pizza back in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is fully melted. Serve with more ranch for dipping.
- This recipe won’t be low carb if your ranch dressing isn’t; the best store-bought option is Ken’s Steakhouse Buttermilk Ranch, which has 1 net carb per two tablespoons. Alternatively, you can use my recipe for homemade ranch; be sure to switch out the buttermilk for heavy cream.
- I included the poblano only on my portion of the pizza; you can customize the toppings however you’d like, just be mindful of the carb count.
Other Irresistible Low Carb Recipes
Mini Sausage-Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Two-Ingredient Low Carb Whipped Chocolate Mousse
Chicken & Cheese Stuffed Roasted Poblanos